Find more of me.

Free Easter Egg Crochet Pattern

I’ve been slowly thinking about Easter. One of the things I’ve been wanting to get better at for the past several years is decorating better for holidays (especially for the kids). I have such a hard time doing that because I’m such a procrastinator and before I know it whatever holiday that was coming up is past and I never did anything special for it. Lousy, Lazy Lady, I know!

So here is what happened…..

So these are pretty boring….Easter eggs are colorful! so…
We painted up some eggs and let them sit for a while….to dry ( :
and I accomplished some Easter decorating! twirly dance!
Here is the crochet pattern if you would like to make some of these for your family/friends
Eggs
Materials:
*F hook
*Worsted Weight Yarn,
I used Cascade 220 wool
*Fiber Fill
*Stitch Marker

*Yarn Needle

Notes: Pattern is worked in the round so there is not joining or turning. You work around and around in a spiral. It helps to use a stitch marker to help keep your place
Ch 2
Rnd 1 – work 8sc in 2nd ch from hk. (8)
Rnd 2 – (sc in next 3, 2sc in next) around. (10)
Rnd 3 – (sc in next 4, 2sc in next) around. (12)
Rnd 4 – (sc in next 2, 2sc in next) around. (16)
Rnd 5 – (sc in next 3, 2sc in next) around. (20)
Rnd 6 – sc in each st around. (20)
Rnd 7 – (sc in next 4, 2sc in next) around. (24)
Rnd 8 – sc in each st around. (24)
Rnd 9 – (sc in next 10, sc2tog) around. (22)
Rnd 10 – (sc in next 9, sc2tog) around. (20)
Rnd 11 – (sc in next 8, sc2tog) around. (18)
Rnd 12 – (sc in next, sc2tog) around. (12)
Firmly stuff your little egg now Note: How you stuff these eggs has a lot to do with how they look when your done so take your time and stuff with care.

Rnd 13 – sc2tog around until little hole closes

Color Variations

Note: MC (main color) CC (contrasting color)
Half-half egg:
Work with MC from Rnd 1 through Rnd 7, with CC work the rest of the egg pattern.
Egg with stripe in the middle:
Work with MC from Rnd 1 through Rnd 5, with CC work from Rnd 6 through Rnd 8, with MC work the rest of the egg pattern.
Egg with three little stripes:

Work with MC from Rnd 1 through Rnd 3, change to CC and work Rnd 4, with MC work from Rnd 5 through Rnd 6, with CC work Rnd 7, with MC work from Rnd 8 through Rnd 9, with CC work Rnd 10, with MC work the rest of the egg pattern.

Tara Murray © March 2011

Copyright notice:
Please feel free to sell the finished products from this pattern, I just ask that you please give credit to this blog for the pattern (if you sell online, such as etsy, please provide a link to the pattern as well). Rewriting, Reselling, Distributing, or copying the pattern itself is prohibited. Thank you for your understand!
  1. I really enjoyed this post. You write about this topic very well. There are many cherished moments in life, why not wear a beautiful dress! When looking back on special memories of your child wearing a gorgeous dress, it will make a fond memory.

aroma essential oils

2. Hey there! I am hosting a handmade Easter toy swap on my blog this year and would love to include a pic of your crochet eggs and a link to the pattern as an inspiration for my participants…wanted to check with you and see if that would be ok. We’d love to have you join the swap too, if you’re interested…Thanks!
    beckymac1 at hotmail dot com
    belle-n-bee.blogspot.com

3. It NEVER fails! I throw away those rustic gray egg cartons and then I see something adorable like this! Those eggs are just too stinkin’ cute! Thanks for the tutorial!

4. these are absolutely adorable!!

5. Thanks for this great pattern. I struggled a bit at the beginning as I didn’t realise I had to repeat the bracketed stitches on the round. But I’m new to crochet patterns. However, once I got around that it was all good.
    Now my son has a Golden egg for his Angry Birds plush’s! He’ very happy. =]

6. i love your blog title, your blog & this egg pattern is THE best on the web! perfect eggs!!! im so happy as i make them, thank u for generously sharing the pattern & even the directions for how to add the stripes-for once i get to be lazy and just follow directions & enjoy! happy easter :)

7. thanks for this lovely egg pattern I love it I have already made several eggs out of multi colored yarn makes for a ty-dye looking egg.

8. As per my email, thank you so, so much for this pattern – it really is the best I’ve found and has been such fun to make up in an assortment of different colours. Happy Easter! Elizabeth x

9. I love the eggs. I’m making a doz or so for my son and grandboys each, and maybe to give at church for Easter. :D They were really easy! and I can make them with the scraps off the blankets and such that i make for charity! thank you!

10. Thanks for the pattern…it is just what I was looking for to make eggs for my seasonal ‘tree’ that I decorate.

11. I grew up using egg cups as a child. They are not used very much in this country, however, so now I collect them but don’t use them very much. Now I will have a fun center piece for Easter.
    Thanks for the idea.

12. Thank you for this wonderful pattern!!
    Blessings,
    Susie

13. Thanks I was looking for something to make my kids for easter that was easy to make.

14. Just whipped up 6 of these for my one year old niece. I’m sure she’ll love them. Thanks so much for sharing this. x

15. This comment has been removed by the author.

16. PS. I stitched little bells inside so that they rattle. Very cute :)